Sunday, September 1, 2013

 
 La Bella Vita
Happy September!!! Those of you who know and love me may be under the assumption that November is my favorite month of the year...well, November has my soul, but September has my heart. It's so beautiful in Oregon, September first and you can smell fall in the air. Life is so amazing!!! When I sat alone in my room in Vegas last January, and moving to Portland came to me like a light bulb over my head, or that super hot magnetism I have learned to live with on a daily basis, I thought about what kind of place I would like to live in. This is what my Craigslist ad said; "Single gal w/dog seeks room in socially conscience, liberal minded home. A community in lieu of a rental agreement..." Now, as you know, I'm a Capricorn...I'm patient, strong, faithful. My ability to possess those characteristics is tethered with great strength to my faith. I believe in Karma, and Magic, and I know that everything happens when it supposed to happen, even those things you just can't wait for because if you wait one more minute you're gonna go crazy, but if it's meant to be, it'll be. If you're good to people, they'll be good to you. If you love, you will be loved. If you face your demons, you will be rewarded. I have been so exponentially rewarded, it's hard for me to sleep at night from the joy, and as I sit here, I count the hours, minutes to realizing that Craigslist ad I wrote 8 months ago. The other night, I entered a home, not a house, a home, filled with love and acceptance, spirituality and faith, the smells of a kitchen where family congregates, photos of life on the walls and this is my home, too. A blessing bestowed upon me by that rare kind of friend you don't make too many of in your life. That friend who you knew from day one would protect your soul, tenaciously, for the rest of your life. I know I may seem to want too much, sometimes. Everyone knows I love this man who is so far out of my reach, it breaks my heart and I want so badly for him just to be the person I see when I look in his eyes. Just know that, one, I love him because I CAN love him, and two, my blessing cup runneth way over. Much love, joy and thanks to my new family: Maggie Rodriguez, Kelly Zurbuch, Jed Curran, Abby Meyer, Terri Rodriguez, Tony, Scott and Casa de Maggie. Love, love, love to Mechelle Davidson, Carole, Morgan, and, yes, my Scorpio, for always, always, always having my back and loving me the way you do. Everyday in Oregon is a fantastic journey and all of the roads I've walked down have finally led me home:::Blessed be:::
-Deannalynn Arzola

No comments:

Post a Comment