Thursday, October 16, 2014

"As I Lie"



Dearly Beloved,
 

As I lie beneath you, the weight of your passion sinking deep inside my soul, I am serene. Having searched the continents both far and wide and down empty hallways, finding no room of my own for so long... I am inescapably home there.

As I lie ensconced in your spirited embrace, I am both lost and found, concurrently. And I am warm inside, like that first nip of whisky sliding down my throat.

As I lie mesmerized by your tranquilizing gaze, I find the answers to my Universe. Indeed, answers to questions long forgotten. Answers to questions that need no words.

As I lie beside you, my head upon your chest, I lie silently and hear the beating of your heart, keeping time with a clock with no hands. Your heart. My heart. 

As I lie...


By Deannalynn Arzola


No comments:

Post a Comment