Tuesday, November 24, 2015

           Sociopathy and Addiction

I wrote about this very early on in my sociopathic love affair in my post , "Addiction". 
I've often wondered why it has been so difficult to walk away. I've often equated this love affair with my addiction to narcotic pain medication. The only difference is that the day I woke up and decided to stop taking the meds, they didn't say to me, "Are you sure you wanna walk away?", as my sociopath did, every time I tried. 
Having overcome my addiction to opiates, I have occasionally partaken, and I am now strong enough to take the medication responsibly, however, I believe this is not the case when your addiction is a person. 
There is a very sensible reason behind the term, "No contact". It's sad, unfortunate, but necessary. 
This photo comes from Pinterest.com, posted by Michelle Duran (NARC Files, Case #C469) from the blog, Karin's World (Narcissistic Sociopath Part 14)

-Deannalynn Arzola 

No comments:

Post a Comment