Tuesday, October 3, 2017

What happens in Vegas...
⚅⚁⚄⚃⚀⚀⚂
And then there's the good ol' family and friends, you know...

He said, "Perhaps the relationship means more to you than him"...
The red dot is the exact location of the most prolific mass shooting in American history. 
The blue dot is my home.
The distance between the two is about 6 miles.
My city is in shock. A tragedy like this reverberates through the community like aftershocks from a major quake.
There is a plethora of topics to discuss once the shock wears off and the anger begins to take over.
My cousin, John called me to make sure I was ok. I got several wrong number calls from folks I didn't know checking on folks I didn't know. 
I'm always concerned for my people when tragedy strikes their hometown. When Harvey hit Houston, I was checking.
.................................
His truth, when he gives it is jagged. It scrapes against my flesh like a bread knife.
Perhaps all of my so-called relationships mean more to me than all of them. In fact, that truth is presently glaring. One person out of the 200 people I know checked on me in the wake of the worst mass murder in American history. 
My dog and i are fine. My daughter, who works on the Las Vegas strip is fine. My grandchildren are fine. My son-in-law is fine. Not that ANY OF YOU, my so-called friends and family, even bothered to ask. 
Reciprocity: The responses of individuals to the actions of others

~Deannalynn Arzola 




No comments:

Post a Comment