Saturday, February 22, 2014

In life, we meet many people, make many decisions, travel many roads and experience many emotions. Some of these things become memories, some of them are forgotten and some of them linger in our souls daily and perpetually. 
So many times we are too afraid to experience new things for all kinds of reasons, but the worst fear of all is the fear of being hurt, so in the effort to prevent this pain, we build walls around our hearts and fail to break them down, even when it becomes necessary to do so. 
We can, however, begin to remove these walls one brick at a time. Finding the person for whom you wish to break down the walls is almost always the same person who will help you with this deconstruction.
I have always held fast to the belief that we should never want to, nor should we expect change from our people. I love my people for who they are and the things that they do help to make them the person they are so wanting them to change has never made sense to me.
Very rarely do I have the kind of people in my life who have walls built up around their hearts, but not having walls is not a prerequisite to my friendship, so it happens from time to time. If the person with the walls is someone I feel very strongly and intuitively that I need to know and love, I will make that effort to help them deconstruct said walls, even if it is done one brick at a time and takes a lifetime to achieve. Some people are just worth it.
The thing to remember about deconstructing someone's walls is that they are allowing you to do so, because they trust you and they believe that you, too are worth it, so when those walls come down, you better be that person that your person needs you to be. You must always remember why they have built these walls. You must love them, unconditionally. You must trust them implicitly. And you must always be their soft place to land.
When, together, you have deconstructed the walls, you are left with the raw and unadulterated heart and soul of one another and that is a very delicate piece of machinery. And you are left with the greatest love there is.
It's worth it.
You're worth it.
To me, you are worth the effort I make everyday to be the person you need. The person who understands you and handles you and all of your damage with the greatest of care. The person who will always believe in you and tell you that your sensitivity is the thing that makes you so magnetic, it makes you beautiful and easier to love than others who lack it. That person who will love you to the ends of the earth, infinitely. THAT person. Your person.
Someone the other day questioned  me as to why I would go to you for that which I needed. The answer is quite simple: You are my person. And I'm glad you are my person. The person I want to go to, because when I do, you are always there and when you are, you are my knight. It's a very attractive quality and it makes me love you more. And yes, I do love you. I say it here for only one reason, and that is that the day I tell you I love you will be a beautiful day, a moment encapsulated in the joy of what we have been able to accomplish together. And I will be kissing your mouth and looking in your eyes because, my love, I know in my heart you deserve no less.
No reading between the lines...just the facts.
And this is why and you should know this.
You are my person and yes, I love you...
DeAnna

No comments:

Post a Comment