Thursday, March 13, 2014

Broken promises, shattered dreams, devastating 
 perpetration, shaken faith...
I have given all that I can...
You have taken all that I gave...
One word...
"No"
That's all you ever had to say to me...
"No"
Never once have you said no to me...
Never once did you say it to all the others...
How many times has it been said to you?
Your charm is disarming...
Disarming to you, not me...
Consider yourself disarmed...
Undone for a brief moment in time...
One moment in time...
While our damage may be equal, our power is not...
My damage gave me power...
Your damage stripped you of your power...
Control is my tool...
I wield it without apprehension...
Power beats charm...
This is my promise...
This is my dream...
This is my perpetration...
This is my faith.


-Deannalynn Arzola

No comments:

Post a Comment