Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Full Moon Eclipse on Easter Weekend

As I sit, thirty-thousand feet in the air, on the way to Las Vegas to see my wonderful little family, Portland in the "rear view mirror" I am reminded of both the blessings and the demons in my life; again, I find myself caught entre deux. My life seems to be as duplicitous as the people I surround myself with. 
Today is Good Friday. Honestly, as a spiritual person rather than a religious one, it doesn't mean a whole hell of allot to me, but, it is the day most of the world celebrates, if you will, the day Jesus was executed. What makes this a big deal for me is that two days later, he rose from the dead, which I kinda believe; I mean after all, that is one of the seven wonders. So I shall be respectful of this Christian practice we call Easter. 
Yesterday, in Portland, I stopped by briefly to visit my own spiritual adviser. It had been a terribly trying day and I needed some congregation of my own. She advised very strongly that under the full moon on Friday, I should let go of yesterday and all the baggage that is required of me to hold on to. She also said that on Saturday, I should specify my wishes to the Universe. Debbie is a smart goddess, which is why I went to see her after such a disposable week, so I did as she advised...
I let go of my baggage prior to bringing my literal baggage on the plane, praying intensely for the talent to bring forth this constitution I espouse in regards to letting go. Bye-bye, ya'll.
I wish for a job in which I can practice the altruism my empathetic nature craves. I pray to be surrounded by people who experience love that way that I experience love. I pray for the architecture of my knowledge, so that I may continue to see people as they really are. And I certainly pray for the strength to hold on to those I love, regardless, and let go of those I recognize to practice behaviour unworthy of my energy.
Within my wishes and my prayers, I am so grateful for the blessings I have. The things that I wish for are things I realize I am capable of materializing; that is a blessing in and of itself.
And now we land, in a valley that shines brighter than the full moon so pronounced in this desert sky. In a moment, I will receive my first blessing. I will be greeted by my daughter's husband; he is a son to me. And that will begin many more blessings to come, when I see my girl, my Joshua, my mini-Dee who is just now forming that personality that she will project for the rest of her life, when we sit, at three-thousand feet, in the desert, and meld together magic, faith and worship from all of the stories we have been told and all of the gods with whom we all have connected.
As I said, I am already gifted with my aforementioned wishes, and my family, well they are the people who surround me that experience love the way that I experience love.
We all make sacrifices in our lives. Jesus sacrificed his life for his words, which I can relate to. I would tell me story as loud as I could regardless of dire consequences threatened. The gods who came before us sacrificed their hearts and their beloveds and our Universe is a better place for it. We should all practice a little sacrifice, especially in the advocacy of our fellow cohabitants. We will always be rewarded for our doing so and those benefits seem so much larger than life. It's a beautiful thing.
Cheers to a delightful weekend...

-Deannalynn Arzola 

No comments:

Post a Comment