Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I was reading Keats today...it got me started.
Here are some beautiful thoughts by the finest writers over the past 400 years...
Enjoy,
Deannalynn Arzola

"I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion - I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more - I could be martyred for my religion - Love is my religion - I could die for that."
-John Keats

"We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more."

-Carl Jung

"The healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers."

-Carl Jung

"Who could refrain that had a heart to love and in that heart courage to make love known?"
-William Shakespeare

"Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage."
-William Shakespeare


And for Alan, who helped me realize that this I need to practice:
"Suit the action to the word, the word to the action."
-William Shakespeare














No comments:

Post a Comment